Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Workout Wednesday


This morning I worked out to Cheryl Burke's Disco Abs DVD. It sure was a lot of fun to move my hips. The DVD consisted of 5 workouts on 3 DVDs. Here is the breakdown:

1-Workout Disco Abs-Songs-Disco inferno, It's Raining Men, YMCA
2-Workout Abs-That's the way I like it!-Song-That's the way (I like it)
3-Workout I will Survive Cardio-Songs-I will survie, Ain't no stoppin us now, Shining Star
4-Workout The beginner Hustle-Songs-Dim all the lights, the hustle
5-Workout Boogie Buns & Thighs-Songs-Boogie Oogie Oogie, Boogie Wonderland

So, I decided to do #3 and #4 to make the exercise 42 minutes. Perfect timing!

So, I felt a little funny but I kept on dancing. I gave this DVD a 3 since I wasn' out of breath but it was sort of hard to get the moves right. I guess I'm not a dancer. Does anyone remember the hustle? I sure do! When I was a teenager I used to go to church dances. Once the hustle came on, I was out in front doing the dance. I also knew ALL of the words. They consisted of "Do it" and "Do the hustle" so it wasn't too hard to memorize. The only thing I didn't like was that the Hustle and I will survive songs were towards the end of the exercise. So, if you are looking for a fun and exciting DVD this would be the perfect one for you.


For FHE, Adrian and I did Bob Harper's Inside out method DVD. Yes, that is twice this week that I've worked out. I also walk to the library with Eli a couple of times a week. I guess since we are going on vacation pretty soon we are pretty motivated to get in shape. Plus, it is swim suit season. Yikes! I give Bob Harper's DVD a strong 5. It was pretty tough. It was harder than his other cardio DVD I did a couple of weeks ago. But, we finished the entire hour. We may have had a few extra breaks throughout the DVD but we did about 75% of it. There is also a 25 minute beginner workout to get you started. The two girls on the DVD are monsters so don't follow them. Go at your normal pace and finish. Good luck!

2 comments:

Courtney and Tyson Page said...

I saw you walking home from the library one day! I wondered if that was you! Cheryl's sounds fun! I'll have to try that next. And good idea on getting the hubby involved...I'll see if Tyson goes for that...

lin said...

pretty good post. I lawful stumbled upon your blog and wanted to command that I get really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any condition I’ ll be subscribing to your maintain and I hope you despatch again soon Off the Shoulder Wedding Dresses.