Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 6, 2011

Make it Monday

Today, I decided to make Coconut Macarrons. I've made them before but haven't had them for awhile. Normally, I recommend doubling the recipe so you don't waste the sweetened condensed milk but I ran out of coconut so I stuck with the regular recipe. Here it is...Enjoy!

Makes 24
1/3 cup flour
1/8 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (14oz can if doubling)
1 tsp vanilla extract

1-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 cookie sheets.

2-Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Stir in the coconut.

3-Pour in the milk. Add the vanilla and stir from the center to make a very thick batter.

4-Drop heaped tablespoonfuls of batter 1 inch apart on prepared sheets. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. (I do 10-13 minutes). Cool on a rack.

Let me know how it tastes. Till next time...

No comments: