Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 13, 2011

Make it Monday

Today for Make it Monday, I decided to make coconut macroons found {HERE} and Andes Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies. Yummy! The macroons are for the ward's BBQ tomorrow and since I had the cooking supplies, I thought it would be perfect. It was actually a spur of the moment decision at the store. I saw the Andes chips and thought...Yum. What excuse do I have to buy them? Well, I could always see if there is a recipe on the back? So I got the recipe from the back of the package. I'm sure if you just look for the chips, you won't have to come back to my blog to make them. Here is the recipe just in case you desire to make them...

1/2 cup salted butter-softened
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 package of Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
2 2/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour

Blend butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until mixed. Stir in Andes Baking chips and then flour. Chill approximately one hour in refrigerator. Measure out approximately 1 oz of dough. Form ball and slightly flatten. Raise oven rack one level above middle and bake on non-stick baking pans. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans for two minutes before removing.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

No comments: