Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

Make it Monday

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Today for "Make it Monday," I made Chocolate Chip Muffins. Yum, right? Well, they were okay. I think they needed more sugar or something-butter maybe?? Anyway, here is the recipe if you'd like to try it out. My tip is to use ALL of the chocolate chips. The picture shown didn't justify that step.

Makes 10
1/2 cup butter at room temp
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 TBS dark brown sugar
2 eggs at room temp
1 1/2 cups cake flour (I used regular since I couldn't find cake flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


1-Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 10 muffin cups or use paper liners.
2-With an electric mixer, cream the butter until soft. Add both sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time.
3-Sift together the flour and baking powder, twice. Fold into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk.
4-Divide half the mixture between the muffin cups. Sprinkle several chocolate chips on top, then cover with a spoonful of the batter. To ensure even baking, half-fill any empty cups with water. (I think I needed ALL of the chocolate chips in this step) I think this step wasn't explained correctly.
5-Bake until lightly colored, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before unmolding.

So, I guess it is another day when I learn that not all muffins are delicious. They were okay but maybe if YOU make them, they will turn out fabulous. Till next time...

No comments: