Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Snow, Snow, and more Snow

It is May 1st and it is snowing. I really don't understand this state. I'm a California girl so I'm used to warm weather. I'm also not used to wearing a coat in May which also happens to be our bithday month. It just better be warm on my birthday because I have the whole day off from work and I want to be outside. It is May 19th if you would like to shower me with gifts. Adrian's birthday is May 5th-Cinco de Mayo. The funny thing about Adrian's birthday is the fact that he doesn't even like mexican food. However, I still like to make it known that his bithday is on Cinco de Mayo. More to come on his birthday...

Anyway, back to the main reason for writing this blog...I think the only positive thing about snow is that you get to go snowboarding. I didn't go snowboarding this year which is kind of embarrassing since we've had enough snow to build a fort, but that is because we have a mortgage. I also didn't go because I really don't know a lot of people that go snowboarding. Adrian has only skied once and I really don't think skiing on "carpet" counts. That is the way he describes it to me. I really would like to go snowboarding with him just so he can see my snowboarding skills. Maybe someday we will go together. For now, I want to be able to answer the standard daily question "How's the weather" by saying, "It is beautiful outside. It is a perfect 75 degrees. It is not snowing." Why do so many people ask about the weather? I guess it is such an easy question that anyone with a tiny bit of intelligence can answer. Well, hopefully today was the last day of snow. It is spring time and I am ready to take long walks with my husband.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I can't believe you didn't go snowboarding! Ian kept trying to get me to go but I didn't want to break something.

I can't believe it's still so cold in May. I'm so sick of this weather!! Tomorrow I think we're going out for Mexican so I'll eat a taco for you. I hope Adrian has a good b-day!