Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 11, 2011

Make it Monday

CHOCOLATE CRUMB BARS

For "Make it Monday" I made Chocolate crumb bars. However, I actually made them yesterday because we went to my brother's home for dinner. So, Adrian told me that I HAVE TO make something else today. So I decided to do walnut cookies again since he really likes them. Now, I just have to go to the store for some butter. At least I'm running other errands today... So, here is the recipe for the crumb bars. They sure were a hit last night...

1 cup butter
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
1 can (14 oz) Nestle carnation sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9 inch baking pan.

Beat butter in large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly. With floured fingers, press 2 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

Combine 1 cup morsels and sweetened condensed milk in small, heavy-duty saucepan. Warm over low heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Spread over hot crust.

Stir nuts and remaining morsels into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over chocolate filling. Bake 25-30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack.

Makes 2 1/2 dozen bars

No comments: