Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 28, 2011

Make it Monday

Today, I decided to make Walnut Cookies from Baking by Carole Clements. They are currently in the oven so we shall see if they turned out. I didn't even have to buy any ingredients this time so I was happy about that. Here is the recipe:

1/2 cup butter at room temp
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped (I didn't take the time to chop them so my cookies will probably be more chunky)

1-Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease 2 cookie sheets
2-With an electric mixer, cream the butter until soft. Add 1/3 cup sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour, vanilla, and walnuts.
3-Drop teaspoonfuls of the batter 1-2 inches apart on the sheets and flatten slightly with a fork. bake until deep golden, about 25 minutes.
4-Transfer to a rack set over a baking sheet and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.

In 4 easy steps, you have some yummy walnut cookies. Let me know how they turn out if you try this recipe. Until next time...

No comments: