Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Twilight Concert Series-Iron and Wine

Adrian and I had date night on Thursday evening. I took Trax and met him at his office building. The Twilight concert series was right outside his building at the Gallivan Plaza. Iron and Wine-Samuel Beam as well as Okkervil River played that night. It was a free concert and the place was packed. I'm sure you are familiar with the movie Twilight. Well, Iron and wine's hit song Flightless Bird, American Mouth is pretty famous and is on the soundtrack. Unfortunately, we left early so we ended up missing that song. However, the other songs were awesome. Very mellow and relaxing. No wonder so many hippies loved him. Even though the concert was outside, the place was extremely hot that I almost fainted. I was able to enjoy a refreshing Sprite and get back to our small group. That was scary! It was probably due to all of the smoke and people. Chelsea, Clint, Clint's brother, a few of Chelsea's friends and a new recruit and his girlfriend were in our small group. We all had a blast. Great evening and awesome company. It was a great date night even with a few other people. Thanks Adrian for inviting me to the concert. Love you.

1 comment:

brighton quinn said...

Emilee! I am so jealous. Jordan and I love Iron and Wine. We played PIT yesterday and thought of all of you guys. Miss you and love you!