Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

My favorite things

Today I wanted to share with you some of my favorite things. And, I got this idea from my good friend, Mandy. First, I love going on vacation. Although Adrian and I aren't going on vacation till November, I still love vacations. My co-worker is going on a "surprise" vacation next week and it got me thinking of the past vacations that I have been lucky to go on. England, Switzerland, and California have been on the top of my list and I am yet to discover new places.


Second, I love getting free books. I read five more reader's choice books and was awarded a free book of my choice. I went to the library after work and didn't like the choices that they gave me. So, I asked the manager if he had other books to choose from and he had boxes full of donated books. I tried to find one that appealed to me and was able to bring home Good Grief. I can't wait to start reading it. Of course, I'll have to wait till the reader's choice contest is over but I'll be looking forward to it. It told him that the contest has helped me to read more than two books a year. Yeah for me.


Third, Adrian and I went grocery shopping when he got home from work. Since living in Austin, TX we found the best barbecue sauce. It is Stub's BBQ sauce. Well, we found a bottle at Harmonds today so we brought some home. Now, we will need to get some chicken nuggets so we can actually use it to dunk in our favorite sauce. Can't wait!


Finally, did I mention I love getting free stuff? So, at Harmons we were awarded a free bottle of Diet A&W or Diet 7-Up. Since I can't stand 7-Up (I would rather take Sprite any day) I took the Root Beer and thanked the man giving them away. Besides Sprite, I love DrPepper, but that wasn't available so I was happy with the A&W.


I know my favorite things may sound lame to some of you, however, I love them and they are my favorite things. It just so happens that all of these things happened to me today so it has been a lovely day.

1 comment:

Hadley Family Clan! said...

How amazing that you have been blessed with going on some amazing vacations and I am all for some yummy BBQ sauce. Also I LOVED the Olympics and every night stayed up late to watch them and now I am sad that they are over, but it was so great to watch. Also Happy Anniversary!!!!