Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

Make it Monday

Today for "Make it Monday," I am making Nut Lace Cookies.  It sounds fancy, doesn't it? I believe these are the same cookies that my Grandma Roberts used to buy. But, I'm not sure. I haven't had those in many years so I may be wrong. They sure are yummy.


Here is the recipe...I hope I don't mess it up. I've added my notes in red. Good luck!

1/2 cup blanched almonds
4 TBS butter
3 TBS flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 TBS heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1-Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 1-2 cookie sheets. Make sure you have a good pan. I used one of my older pans and the cookies got stuck. The second batch was much better because I used an IKEA pan or maybe I got used to making them.

2-With a sharp knife, chop the almonds as finely as possible. Alternatively, use a food processor or blender to chop the nuts. I used a blender and it worked out great.

3-Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients and the almonds.

4-Drop tsps (literally 1 tsp-no more, no less) 2 1/2 inches apart on the prepared sheets. Bake until golden, about 5 minutes. I baked them for 4 minutes the second time and they were golden around the edges. Perfect! Cool on the sheets briefly (about a minute, don't wait too long or it will be hard to lift off), just until the cookies are stiff enough to lift off.

5-With a metal spatula, transfer to a rack to cool completely.



This is the pan that didn't work. I had to throw them away and start another batch. But, it got easier. I'm bound to make a mistake when I bake or cook so I try to be prepared to start over.

Also, make sure to grease the pan well. I greased the pan and then used a paper towel to make sure the entire pan was greased.


I know they don't look perfect but I tried. They are breakable so be careful. Also, some got stuck to each other so be sure to space them evenly.

All done... Till next time...

No comments: