Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 4, 2011

Make it Monday

COCONUT OATMEAL COOKIES


Today I am making coconut oatmeal cookies. I choose a recipe with ingredients that I already have. It works out great! Here is the recipe:


2 cups quick-cooking oats

1 cup shredded coconut

1 cup butter at room temp

1/2 granulated sugar

1/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed

2 eggs

4 TBS milk

1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp ground cinnamon


1-Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets (which I now own...finally).


2-Spread the oats and coconut on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Note: I did 8 minutes and it was burnt so I had to redo it. Luckily I had enough oats and coconut to try it again. I suggest 5-6 minutes.


3-With an electric mixer, cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, then the milk and vanilla. Sift over the dry ingredients and fold in. Stir in the oats and coconut.


4-Drop spoonfuls of the dough 1-2 inches apart on the prepared sheets and flatten with the bottom of a greased glass dipped in sugar. Bake until golden, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.


Well, I fogot to do the "flatten with the bottom of a greased glass dipped in sugar." Woops! I guess I'm not perfect. Also, my dough was a little runny. The cookies were okay. I wish I were a perfectionist but I'm not so the best I can do is the best I can do. Good luck!


Next week...I'll need to use my new rolling pin. I finally have one. Yippee. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: