Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 7, 2011

Make it Monday

So, my sisters Cassie and Tiffany are known to have creative days like "Travel Tuesday" during the summer time. Cassie has continued to have creative days like "Flashback Friday" on her blog and I'm sure Tiffany has days like "Movie Monday" or something like that. I thought I would walk in their footsteps and be creative as well. So, I decided to have "Make it Mondays." Since I haven't been too great at initiating FHE, I thought it would be fun to bake on Mondays. That way I could win Adrian's vote (and mine) and also brush up on my baking skills. Once upon a time I baked cakes and enjoyed it. So, today is the day to start "Make it Monday."

This recipe is one of Adrian's favorite cookies. That way, I will win him over with his own yummy dessert. Here it is...Good luck!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mix in a bow the following:
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar + 2 Tbs sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla

Then add:
2 1/2 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups chocolate chips

Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.

If you do try the recipe, let me know how you like it. Gotta go, the bell has rung and I need to take out my cookies. Till next time...

1 comment:

Lytles said...

Great idea! Are you making other things besides food? I can't wait to see what you make every week!