Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Day


This was our first Christmas alone in our home. It was perfect! Adrian and I woke up at 7am to open our stockings and gifts. We slept by the Christmas tree again this year since we had so much fun last time. It has been a fun tradition. We were pretty much done by about 7:30 or so. Of course Adrian got Rock Band which had been opened a couple of weeks ago. I also bought him a book, cd and some DVD's (Black Knight, Yes Man, and Ironman). Adrian bought me the hair straighter I wanted. I also got a Boppi and the Hunger Games book. Overall, it was a wonderful day and it had just started.

Later, we were expecting to feed about 12 people in our tiny home. We invited my parents, the McDaniels and the Roberts. We were very limited on the amount of people we could have in our home. It really gets overwhelming. This was the first year we attempted to make a turkey so it was exciting to try out a new recipe. In the end, the turkey was very moist and perfect according to our guests. It seemed a little cold since we didn't have a warming tray for it. However, we kept the mashed potatoes, parsnips, carrots, corn, and stuffing warm in our warming trays so most of the dinner was awesome. It sure was fun to play host and hostess. After dinner, we played Christmas bingo and the Christmas Song Quiz. Then we had dessert (Cheesecake factory cheesecakes, pumpkin pie, No no's and fudge). Yummy! Finally, it was time to rock out on our new Rock Band game. I sang a few songs and then opted out to watch the three girls running around trying to destroy everything. We better baby proof our home soon. Yikes! I loved having everyone over but I was pretty tired by the end of the night. I always love Christmas and am so glad that family was able to visit us on Christmas Day. I love you all. Merry Christmas!

No comments: