Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy 65th Birthday Dad!


My dad turned 65 on September 5th but we didn't celebrate till September 12th. The day started off great because I had the day off to spend with my dad. I took him to Cafe Rio for lunch and then he showed me all 571 pictures of his vacation in St Lucia. What a fun time! Also, we were able to go to Nielsen's Frozen Custard Ice-cream shop which is our favorite. It didn't matter that we went three different times. The lady knew us by the time we left.

Also, my creative mom put together a surprise birthday bash at our local dollar theater. While I took my dad out, my mom and sister Tiffany got the cupcakes and any other last minute surprises. Later that night, my mom and I pretended that we were going to see Indiana Jones with Jason, Emily and the kids. Well, my dad was in for a big surprise. My mom rented out a movie theater for friends and family. There were a few people we didn't know. They must have snuck in. Oh well! We ended up seeing Indiana Jones so that wasn't a lie but we also got to see a slide show of Ronald Hal Roberts. It was perfect! And yes, Josh-it made me get a little teary eyed to see my dad all happy at his very own surprise party. Josh will now have something else to tease me about. Lucky me! Well, I wanted to wish my dad a happy birthday and hope he enjoyed the perfect day cause I sure did. Thanks Dad! And thanks mom for going to So Cupcake with me the next day. That was a lot of fun. Let's do it again next time! Love you.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

How fun! Did you get to go home to California, or was this in Utah? What a fun thing to do though! And what a fun family!