Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Dentist Appointment

I went to the dentist yesterday because I have twelve cavities. I only had six taken care of but that is unheard of to have twelve. I have only had two my whole life. However, I haven't been to the dentist for almost four years. I recommend going to avoid the pain that you go through. They gave me three shots and they were very painful. It seemed like it was never going to end. I'm just telling you how it was. I was pretty much tense the whole time but I guess I'm a wimp when it comes to needles. I was there for about an hour. I was able to watch a little bit of the Ellen show, Who wants to be a Millionaire, and Oprah so I guess it wasn't that bad. Well, it finally ended and I was able to go home. My husband immediately made fun of me since I wasn't able to speak well. In addition, the numbness took four hours to wear off. I tried to drink a slimfast drink but it sure was hard. I'll have to go back in May and then it will be over. I am half way there. My advice is to go to the dentist every six months, brush your teeth at least twice a day, and be careful on the amount of candy you eat. Any other advice, let me know.

3 comments:

Mindy R said...

I'm sorry things didn't go so well at the dentist. At least half of it is over, and you didn't have to go into work right after. Good luck with the second half!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Ouch girl! I have only had one cavity and it's not fun. When I was younger we did go to the dentist every 6 months and such. I also had sealent put on my teeth and somehow that prevents cavities. I am happy to hear you are doing good now and that must have been hard not to speak after you got home:) I know I would want to freak out! Good luck in May.

Stephanie said...

12 cavities?!!! That's insane! Good luck and start brushing your teeth from now on!